About Annie's Locker
Annie’s Locker Update, April 2009
Our second collection was a great success! We washed, organized and divided up the items for distribution to the following non-profits.
• Girl Scouts, Teen fitness program •Growth Enterprises
• Boys/Girls Clubs
• Rosecrance, Adult fitness program
• Northwest Community Center
Thank You to everyone who donated, collected, washed and organized the gear.
This time around we collected a total of 275 items!! So with both collections, to date, that's 551 items, and 125 pairs of socks that we purchased with donation money!!!!!
The current collection brought in the following items
• 14 running Jackets
• 4 sweat suits
• 16 pairs of shoes
• 10 hats
• 10 Sport bras
• 21 pairs of tights and sweats
• 1 pair of gloves
• 3 gym bags
• 17 shorts
• 44 tech shirts
• 135 t- shirts.
We had many very small items that we pulled to give to the Rockford Wildcats. Those items were given to Coach Mike Mapes to distribute as he sees fit, to the children.
Some Updates on our recipients...
• Nancy is doing good, 2 job interviews these last 2 days. She is walking 2 miles a day and absltly LOVING her new shoes.”
-from Josh Bray, Wayside Cross Ministries (Homeless Shelter in Elgin)
• Andres, ran his farthest distance yet at the Rock Cut Trail series. He did very well at the 20K! He was sore, but all smiles at the finishline. He thanked us many times, and told me to thank all those who helped donate clothing and especially for the wonderful brand new shoes from Steve Jaycox at Runner's Image.
• Last week, I spotted our 3 sweet wildcats, who were running proud in their new gear! I recognized the clothing and smiled as they blasted past me on the bike path:o)
Thanks to all of you!!!!!!
Each one of you played a special role in changing lives:o)
I am grateful to you and so proud to have worked on this important project with you.
Any ideas for future projects or collections are welcome. If volunteers are willing and able, we can discuss another collection in the summer or fall. Meanwhile, contact me with any clothing and financial donations or collection ideas you may have. Checks may be written to Annie’s Locker.
Questions? If you know an individual or group in need of these items, or you would like to help with future projects,�
or call (815)757-5876